Friday 25 April 2014

  VIOLENCE AGAINST UNBORN BABIES
The spate of violence against women appears worldwide, there is also violence against unborn babies that needs attention and supposed to be addressed properly.
Interestingly, these unborn babies are indirectly being abused by some medical doctors. For instance, participants at an interview organized as a part of activities to eliminate all forms of violence against unborn babies noted that lack of common struggle by doctors and laboratory personnel contributed to the failure. When the controversial tagged Abia State University gang rape was mentioned the victim spoke, it generated emotions, shock and sympathy.
HIS EXPERIENCE
 “When my baby was few months in the womb, I registered the mother for antenatal in one of the popular hospitals in Port Harcourt, the Rivers State capital. One week later I requested for her medical fitness, but the request was turned down by the laboratory personnel. They claimed that the doctor instructed them to keep the result in the hospital, prompting us to leave without the result. The following a month later I went for my medical fitness to upgrade my file, my HIV status was negative. However, the activeness of my wife in the house was encouraging, we did not suspect any illness…though we requested for her medical fitness twice. But the hospital authorities still refused to expose the findings. And she successfully delivered a bouncing baby boy. Two months later the child was taken to church for child dedication and it was also a happy day for the family. In all these moments we never knew that danger was knocking quietly. Thereafter, my baby felt ill and was taken to hospital. It was there the deadly HIV virus was discovered. I proceeded to another hospital for confirmation of both the baby and the mother medical status, it remained positive. I again returned to the previous hospital where she registered for antenatal to compare the results. I was shunned again. Then it was when I told them of the medical status of my family discovered by another doctor they decided to release the result. At this juncture they begged for my forgiveness, blaming the doctor whose instructions they allegedly obeyed.”
                        MY QUESTIONS NOW ARE:
(1) Who infected this baby?
(a) The Rapists?                                                                                                                    THE BABY IN THE WOMB
(b) The Doctor?                                                                                                                   
 CLICK HERE
(c) The mother?                                                                                                                  
Your answers are needed……
(2) What was the intention of the Medical Doctor of that hospital?
(a) To eliminate the entire family?
(b) To spread the virus

(c) To campaign against mother to child transmission

No comments:

Post a Comment